Show linked issues and link types at the same table

Hello and good day,

I have a little big problem with the creation of custom fields with data import. In this case with issues links.

I have read the documentation and follow the procedures to import the issues link but the result is not the expected.

The result is similar as follows:

-------------|PRJ-100|PRJ-200|PRJ-300|PRJ-400| <<< (All Links)
|PRJ-01|------1------|--------------|------1------|-------------|
|PRJ-02|--------------|------1------|--------------|-------------|
|PRJ-03|--------------|------1------|--------------|------1-----|
^^^^^^
(All Issues)

I have used the following import code:

[jira.customfield_all_links]
name = "All links"
data_type = "string"
dimension = true
multiple_values = true
split_by = ","
javascript_code = '''
var issuelinks = new Array();
if (issue.fields.issuelinks) {

var links = issue.fields.issuelinks;
  var count;
  var link;
  for (count =0; count < links.length; count++) {
	link = links[count];

if (link.outwardIssue) {
		if(link.type.outward != "is Epic of" & link.type.outward != "jira_subtask_outward") {
       	  issuelinks.push(link.outwardIssue.key);        
		}
	}
    else
    	if(link.type.inward != "has Epic" & link.type.inward != "jira_subtask_inward") {
       	  issuelinks.push(link.inwardIssue.key);        
        }
  } 
  issue.fields.customfield_all_links = issuelinks.join(",");
}
'''

The results is the literal list of issues (key) but I want to manage the issues report according to the link type (e.g. impacts on, is impacted by, related to, …).

Sample:
||Key-----||Description||Linked issue(s) ||Link type—||
|PRJ-01|Dev Bug 01—|PRJ-100----------------|Related to–|
|PRJ-02|Dev Bug 02—|PRJ-200, PRJ-300 |impacts on|

How can I get this?

Thanks for helping.

Kind Regards,

Alfonso

Alfonso,

Unfortunately, there seems to be no appropriate method in eazyBI to implement such use case. Javascript calculated custom fields can create a new dimension (like the example you have found) but we cannot add more data (e.g. Issue link type) into the dimension during the Javascript execution.

The closest workaround for this case would be to create separate dimensions from each link type and to have a report like this:

Please, check more on how to configure the import of specific issue links:
https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/advanced-data-import-options/import-issue-links

Kindly,
Janis, eazyBI support

1 Like

Hi Janis,
Thank you for this example. I am in the process of creating a very similar report. I have been able to pull my issues and show the Blocks link. I have two questions:

1. How can I restrict the issues in the first column (in your example DA-191, DA-192, and DA-204) to only those issues that actually have the Blocks link? My report is pulling all issues from within the project, even if they do not have a Blocks link.

2. Once I have the appropriate list of issues, How can I display the status of the issues in the first column? For example, DA-191 Blocks DA-189. How do I show the status of DA-191?

Thank you,
Jeanne

HI Jeanne,

The simplest way to restrict the issues from rows to only those having link is to apply the report filter on the Issue link column with a condition “Matches .” The “dot” in the filter means “any value” and such a filter removes issues with empty values.

You can add the “Issue status” property to the report columns for showing the status of the Issue dimension members:

Please, check the standard measures from the Issues property section of the Measures block. There is the “Issue status” property among other useful properties for showing them in the report when you have issue dimension in the report rows:

Kindly,
Janis, eazyBI support

Thank you Janis,
This information is very helpful. Now that I have my filter set on the column, is there any way to filter on 2 columns? My users would like to see both Blocks and Depends On links in the same report. I think I need a new Measure for the filter, but I am very unsure of how to create the Measure.
Jeanne

Jeanne,

The solution for filtering on two columns might depend on whether you wish to filter with “OR” or “AND”. The simple case is if you wish to filter by “AND”; then you should add a similar property of the “Depends On” link to the report columns and add the same filter condition also for the other link.

If you wish to filter using “OR” then you probably need a new measure to concatenate both of the link fields and apply the filter on the new measure.

Kindly,

Hi Janis,
I do need to filter using OR. I am trying to set up a measure to filter but I am struggling to get it correct. Can you point me to an example measure that filters with the OR condition?

Here is what I have created:

Aggregate(
Filter([Issue].[Issue].Members,
NOT isEmpty([Measures].[Issue Blocks])
OR
NOT isEmpty([Measures].[Issue Depends On])
))

This measure appears to returns a total count of links for the selected project. What I am trying to do is filter out issues that do not have the “blocks” or “depends on” link.

Thank you,
Jeanne

Hi Jeanne,

The solution for filtering with “OR” in this case would need creating the measure concatenating both those fields and then filtering them on the report rows.

Please, try the following formula:

CoalesceEmpty([Measures].[Issue Blocks],"") 
|| 
CoalesceEmpty([Measures].[Issue Depends On],"")

Then you can put the filter on the new column with the condition “Matches .” (dot stands for “any character”) which will filter off issues having one or other field with nonempty values:

Kindly,
Janis, eazyBI support

Thank you Janis!!!
This is exactly what I was trying to get.
Jeanne