Sprint Story Points vs. Sprint Estimated Story Points

We have been using Estimated Story Points in Jira which are assigned to issues. As I start using EazyBI, I am finding that when I import reports like Sprint Velocity report from the demo site https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/cubes/Issues/reports/61946-sprint-velocity-chart, my reports end up blank. Similar if I try to use the Issue Story Points fields on a new sprint-level report. It seems like this is happening because EazyBI is pulling Story Points (or maybe Story Estimated Points) rather than Estimated Story Points.

We do not use a Story Points or Story Estimated Points field in Jira, values are all blank. Issue Estimated Story points works fine. Sprint Issue counts work fine.

What is the easiest way to either change my import or create calculated fields so I can measure Estimated Story Points on a sprint level? Ultimately I’m trying to create a report showing my Estimated Story Points at the start of each sprint, the Estimated Story Points added during the sprint, and the Estimated Story Points resolved by the end of the sprint.

Hi @davide!

eazyBI uses the Jira Software field ‘Story points’ to create Sprint scope change measures, see more here Jira Software custom fields.

Nevertheless, you can import any custom numeric field value changes and from there write an MDX function similar as in “Sprint Story Points committed” to see what the value of the field was at Sprint start. From your example, the ‘Estimated Story Points committed’ formula should be as follows

( [Measures].[Estimated Story Points history],
  [Transition Field].[Sprint status],
  [Sprint Status].[Active],
  -- An issue was in a sprint at a sprint start time
  [Issue Sprint Status Change].[Future => Active],
  [Time].CurrentHierarchy.Levels('Day').DateMember(
    [Sprint].CurrentMember.get('Start date')
  )
)

Also, use the “Estimated Story Points history” measure that is created when importing value changes to see how the value of the field changed during Sprint time.

Lauma / support@eazybi.com