SQL Server integrated authentication error: "Native Library sqljdbc_auth.dll already loaded in another classloader"

I am trying to configure eazyBI plugin v6.0 on an on-premise instance of JIRA Service Desk 4.8.0, hosted on Windows server.

Using integrated authentication for DB connections is a mandatory security requirement in our environment. Jira SD connects to Microsoft SQL Server, using the Microsoft SQL Server JDBC driver with integrated Windows authentication enabled (integratedauthentication=true). This all works fine.

I ran into an unexpected issue when adding the eazyBI plugin, then configured its DB connection to SQL Server with integrated authentication enabled.

I tried to find an option to enable Windows integrated authentication in the easyBI database connection. But unfortunately specifying a user name is required, so I ended up with these connection settings:

• Database type: Microsoft SQL Server / Microsoft JDBC driver
  • Host: same as that used for Jira SD
  • Database: separate DB for easyBI
  • Username and Domain: the Windows account that Jira SD runs under
  • Database advanced settings: integratedauthentication=true
  • Password: empty, expecting integrated authentication to work

Clicking Update settings at this point fails with the following error:

Native Library <RootPath>\JiraSD\bin\sqljdbc_auth.dll already loaded in another classloader

The path in the error message is the correct location of the native sqljdbc_auth.dll file used by Jira SD to enable its integrated authentication to the DB.

If I understand correctly, it appears that the easyBI plugin settings conflict with those of Jira SD here?
At this point, I am not sure how to resolve the issue and proceed with further evaluation.

Any and all advice would be welcome and appreciated!

Hi @dandreica

Welcome to eayzBI community!

Unfortunately, Windows authentication with a secure connection will not work for eazyBI.

Here are two options you may want to use instead:

1. Use SQL Authentication for the eazyBI as described in eazyBI documentation: https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBIJIRA/Installation+and+setup#Installationandsetup-MicrosoftSQLServer
  2. You can also use Windows authentication without a secure connection and with JTDs driver for the eazyBI.

If there are problems also after changing the configuration accordingly as described in eazyBI documentation, please contact support@eazybi.com .

Best,
Ilze / support@eazybi.com