Store value in a variable?

Hello … I calculate a value (by ordering a filter to get the lowest date) … and I want to use it in several places in a measure. Is it possible to store the result in a variable and reuse it ?
I searched eazybi variable and didnt get anything useful to help me.
the value is the result of this:
Order(
Filter(
Generate( – here we generate a set of Fix Versions either from Fix Version hierarchy or aggregated Page selection
{ [Fix Version].CurrentHierarchyMember,
ChildrenSet([Fix Version].CurrentHierarchyMember) },
– The lowest level in Fix Version dimension is Version or project in hierarchy by name
IIF([Fix Version].CurrentHierarchy.Name = “Fix Version.By name”,
Descendants([Fix Version].CurrentHierarchyMember,[Fix Version.By name].[Project]),
Descendants([Fix Version].CurrentHierarchyMember,[Fix version].CurrentHierarchy.Levels(‘Version’))
)),
NOT isempty( [Fix Version].CurrentHierarchyMember.get(‘Start date’))), – filter only those versions with Start Date
[Fix Version].CurrentHierarchyMember.get(‘Start date’), BASC) – order them to have the lowest date first
.Item(0).get(‘Start date’), – and get this start date

Thanks in advance.
Luka

Hi @lujmo,

Creating a new calculated measure with the formula that calculates the desired value can serve as creating a “variable”.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com

How would I go about creating a calculated measure showing the average hours spend in a group of sprints, not included in the report, to use for forecasting capacity. Basically I want to sum the hours spent in sprint for two specific boards combined. It’d basically be the last 8 sprints for two boards (two teams work each board and have their own sprint during the same period). I do not want to show the those closed sprints on the board; basically, the average of combined group sprints 1 - 5 hours spent. Hope that makes sense.

Hi @ShelPrice,

Your question seems out of context with the original post. In such a case, I recommend creating a new post. As a pointer to a direction to look into, please see the predefined calculated measure “Running Story Points velocity for 5 closed sprints”. It calculates the average of resolved Story Points for the current sprint and four previous closed sprints of the same board. You could try to adapt the calculation into a new calculated measure and introduce the measure “Hours spent” instead of “Sprint Story Points completed”.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com