Stories rolling from Q1 to Q2 (Kanban board)

A product owner would like to see stories that began in Q1 and then were put on hold and then pulled in to Q2 in a report. She does a quarterly report on why stories were not completed in the quarter. Is there a report that will show this?

I was able to build a report that shows stories created and completed. I have time in the page field and then select Quarter 1 & Quarter 2 but unable to figure out how to get it to show just the stories moving from Q1 to Q2. Would like the report to show stories created in Q1 & continued to Q2

This is a kanban board

Hi @AnneDixon,

How do you determine that an issue was started, put on hold, and then pulled in a particular quarter?

From you mentioning the Kanban board, those could be statuses. If that is the case, you can define a calculated measure that considers a selected quarter in the Time dimension with a transition into a Transition Status (pulled back in). An addition can be a condition on a transition in the previous quarter (began). The calculated measure could look similar to the one below:

CASE WHEN
-- began in previous period
(
  [Measures].[Transitions to status issue count],
  [Transition Status].[Selected for development],
  [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember.PrevMember
) > 0
THEN
-- is pulled in in current period
NonZero((
  [Measures].[Transitions to status issue count],
  [Transition Status].[In Progress],
  [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember
))
END

In my case, the transition to the status “Selected for development” is the “began” phase. The transition to the status “In Progress” is the “pulled back in”. This calculated measure will work with the Issue dimension “Issue” level members selected in the report. Please view an example below:

I recommend filtering the report rows by this new calculated measure to see relevant issues - Create reports.

Please provide more details if the described scenario doesn’t fit your use-case.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com

@roberts.cacus Thank you for your response. I have tried doing a calculated measure and was unsuccessful. This board has many “In progress” status. I have attached a screen shot of the board. Set-U
p, Peer Review, UAT, PPV, On Hold are all in progress status.

Hi @AnneDixon,

In that case, you can define which statuses should be included in which stage of your Board. Please check the Board “Column” configuration to see the exact names of the statuses for each Board column. See an example below:

For example, to combine the “Backlog” and “Selected for Development” statuses, I would define the suggested calculated measure in the following way:

CASE WHEN
-- began in the previous period
Aggregate(
  {
    -- set of statuses for began
    [Transition Status].[Backlog],
    [Transition Status].[Selected for development]
  },
  ([Measures].[Transitions to status issue count],
  [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember.PrevMember)
) > 0
THEN
-- is pulled in in the current period
Aggregate(
  {
    -- set of statuses for in progress
    [Transition Status].[In Progress]
  },
  ([Measures].[Transitions to status issue count],
  [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember)
)
END