Struggling with hierarchy. Please help!

Hi,

New user on evaluation license so apologies if this has been covered (many times)

I’m stuggling to get EazyBi showing the right hierarchical information. I have 4 levels in my hierarchy…

Capability
Epic
Story
Subtask

Capability is a custom issuetype. I’d like to be able to see all epics / stories / sutasks associated with a capability. Within the regular Capability JIRA screen the issuelink is “Parent of” and then it lists the epic

My code (that i found on this forum and the net) is…

[jira.customfield_Capability]
name = “Capability”
outward_link = “Parent of”
issue_type = “Capability”
update_from_issue_key = “epic_key”

[[jira.issue_hierarchies]]
name = “Capability”
all_member_name = “All Issues by Capability”
levels = [
{name=“Capability”,key_column=“customfield_Capability”,issue_type=“Capability”},
{name=“Epic”,key_column=“epic_key”},
{name=“Parent”,key_column=“epic_parent_key”},
{name=“Sub-task”,key_column=“subtask_key”}
]

My question is within EazyBi why is it not drilling down to the epics that have the issuelink mentioned in the code above. I have tried everything and am pulling my hair out. I would expect to be able to expand the capability and see all the asscociated epics, then drill into the epics and see the asscociated stories etc etc. Currently when i expand a capability it just says “no epic”.

Please help!

Hi,

We updated the documentation site now explaining some common mistakes happening when building the custom hierarchy from the issue links. Please, find here the description of the troubleshooting of the issue hierarchies:

https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBIJIRA/Additional+Issue+hierarchies#AdditionalIssuehierarchies-Troubleshooting

Thanks for your request, it inspired to advance our documentation site.

Best regards,
Janis, EazyBI support