Sum issues by certain measure

Hello,

I am trying to get a sum of issues based off of a measure that was brought in through import. The measure brings in service now ticked id for issues. So, the measure is bringing in the actual ticket number per issue, but I need it to give me a sum of the issues that have data in that field. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi @jchouinard

In this case, you would need to create a new calculated measure using this approach

NonZero(
    Count( 
    Filter(
    Descendants([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember,[Issue].[Issue]),
    Not IsEmpty([Measures].[Issue Service now ticket ID]) --custom field imported as property and filter
    AND
    [Measures].[Issues created]>0 --numeric measure for filter
    )
    )
    )

You should ensure that your custom field is imported as property.
If your Jira custom field’s name is Service now ticket ID there would be a new measure “Issue Service now ticket ID” created in “Measures” dimension which then is used in the code for your calculated measure (see Line5 in the code above).
If the field name is different, please adjust the code

Martins / eazyBI team

1 Like

Exactly what I needed. Thank you so much for your help Martins!!

This was a timely discussion for me. I was able to use this discussion to get a similar property count in my own environment. What we really wanted was a graph of the daily count of issues containing each of the respective values of this property. I’ve had to create individual custom measures for each value of the jira select field in order to be able to graph these counts. Is this the recommended approach to count the unique values of a property over time or is there a simpler way to graph that there were x issues with property b and y issues with property c on day z?

Hi,

This code counts issues that were created (issues created > 0) in each time period based on condition (they have currently not empty property). This means it would show in each time period only those issues which were created in that period (and not all other issues).
If that is the case, this code is a good way to do it.

In some cases, you would need to use measure “Issues history” (instead issues created) if you don’t want to limit the calculation for issue created date timestamps (when looking at each time period).
For string type of custom fields (single-select fields) we would recommend importing them as separate dimensionswith value change.
Then you can use the default measure “Issues history” with these new dimension members in timely report to find the distinct number of issues with particular field value at the end of the displayed time period.

Martins / eazyBI team