Sum of Feature Points of Epics delivered per Product Increment

Good afternoon.

First I must confess I am in the beginning of the journey, so may be the question would look too easy.

I have the need to show the sum of “Feature Points” of Epics (those we use as features) that our ART delivered per Product Increment.
For Feature Points, we have already “Feature Points due” measure.
We base our Product Increments on Fix Version in Jira. So all fix versions have Release date property.
What I need is to get the date of each Epic status change to “Ready to Release” or “Done”, and compare it with the Release date of the Fix Version under consideration.
Then if the feature (Epic) status was changed to either of the above statuses earlier than Release date, then sum up Feature points of such Epics and show the sum.

So far I have the following (obviously not working) member formula:

Sum(
filter ({[Status].[Ready to Release], [Status].[Done]},
DateCompare(
[Issue].CurrentMember.Get(‘Status updated at’),
[Fix Version].CurrentMember.Get(‘Release date’)
) <= 0
),
–only one measure
[Measures].[Feature Points due]
)

Could you please help me - how to correct it so that it worked?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Hello all,

I tried to dig further, and below is what I changed. It does not show the correct final result - instead it shows me “yyyy-mm-dd hh:nn:ss” as a sum of my Feature points.
But surprisingly when I drill through the issues, the filtered list of features is correct.
So the question is: please could anyone help me to fix the mistake I have - so that it summed up what I really need (Feature Points for the filtered Epics)?

Sum(
  filter( Descendants([Issue].Currentmember, [Issue].[Issue]),
          (DateCompare( ([Measures].[Transition to status last date],
                        [Transition Status].[Ready to Release]),                     
                        [Fix Version].CurrentMember.Get('Release date')
                      ) <= 0 ) 
          OR
          (DateCompare( ([Measures].[Transition to status last date],
                        [Transition Status].[Done]),                     
                        [Fix Version].CurrentMember.Get('Release date')
                      ) <= 0 )                      
  ),
  --only one measure
  [Measures].[Feature Points due]
)
1 Like

Good morning.

Could anyone please help?

Thank you in advance.

-Dmitry.

Hi @MaverickNN,

You are on the right track. The second calculation is constructed correctly (Sum of Feature Points of Epics delivered per Product Increment - #2 by MaverickNN).
The calcaution should iterate individual issues Descendants([Issue].Currentmember, [Issue].[Issue]) and for each check on the status transition date [Measures].[Transition to status last date]. Then, compare that transition date with the selected version release date using the function DateCompare().

To get the result in the correct format, set measure formatting to Integer: Calculated measures.

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com

Mein Gott :joy:
Thanks a lot, works finally!

1 Like