Total test cases in a test plan easyBI

Hi,

I would like to know how to calculate total test cases in a test plan and save it as a measure so it can be used for a burndown chart.

Thanks in Advance!

1 Like

Hi @Rubina,

Measures “Xray Tests created” and “TM4J Test Cases with Test Cycles” represent the total count of test cases associated with the test plan. When you add the Time dimension, then the test case count is distributed on the timeline based on each test case’s creation date.

If you would like to get the total value of created test cases and ignore test cases’ creation date, you might want to define a new calculated measure. The calculation would ignore the selected date on report rows using a tuple of measure and Time DefaultMember:

• The expression for Xray would look like this

([Measures].[Xray Tests created],
    [Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember)

• The expression for Zephyr Scale - Test Management for Jira (former TM4J) would look like this:

([Measures].[TM4J Test Cases with Test Cycles],

Please see the documentation describing how to build a Test Plan burn up (burn down) report for Xray. The concept is the same for Zephyr Scale (former TM4J): Xray Test burnup for Test Plan - eazyBI for Jira.

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com

1 Like

Hi Zane,

I used ([Measures].[TM4J Test Cases created],

But it didn’t populate anything for [TM4J Test Cases Created]. I was particularly looking for [TM4J Test Cases with test cycles] which gives me the total number of test cases of a current test plan for example (25 test cases total)- I wanted to save that as a measure and use it within burndown?

Thanks!