Tracking total tickets in a fixVersion over time?

Hi all,

I created a version of the sample version report based on total number of tickets instead of total story points (using the issues history measure instead of the story points history measure used in the example).

However, it’s not clear to me if Issues History is giving me the data I want or whether there’s a better/custom measure I could be using. I expected that Issues History would show me the total number of tickets in the release in each period (daily). However, the totals in the table I created seem slightly off from a JQL query that should be returning the same data (issues in the fix version created <= {date}).

• 6/29/21 - EazyBi shows 182, JQL returns 184
  • 6/28/21 - EazyBI shows 181, JQL returns 183
  • 6/27/21 - EazyBI shows 174, JQL returns 179

They’re very close, but I’d like to understand what Issues history is actually measuring that would explain the difference.

Also my understanding is that at any given time Issues History would reflect the history of all tickets currently matching the filter criteria (e.g. “is in fixVersion 2.0”). Is there any way to track when tickets were added to/removed from releases?

Thanks,
Ryan

Hi @rbelmont,

Fix version is a multi-selection field and its values are independent. If an issue is assigned to several Fix versions and both of those versions are included in the report filter, then the issue is counted for each of those versions.

To handle situations like this, multiple selected values for a multi-selection field, you might want to use Distinct issues count measures (Jira Core measures and dimensions - eazyBI for Jira).

1. Add to your report measure “Issues created count” and then add standard calculation “Cumulative sum” based on it: https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/analyze-and-visualize/create-reports#Createreports-Addstandardcalculationsbasedonaselectedmeasure.

2. Use the new measure “Cumulative Issues created count” instead of “issuse history”.

3. Use the same approach with “Issues resolved count” to get the accumulated value of resolved issues over time.

Best,
Zane / support@eazybi.com