Transition Status of linked Member from another project

Hello Guys,

I want to see the transition status of a LinkedMember in the Issue History that is in another project. The LinkedMember has a different IssueType.

My Pages are: Project, IssueType and FixVersion.
Rows: Time
Columns: Measures (Issues history), Transition Status.

A week ago I wanted to have the number of issues whose LinkedMember is in status ‘DS’. I solved it like this:

I created a measure “LinkedStatus”
Cache([Status].[Status].getMemberNameByKey(
[Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.GetLinkedMember(‘Linked from D**’).Get(‘Status ID’)
))

Then i created the measure “DS”
NonZero(Sum(Filter(
Descendants([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember, [Issue].[Issue]),
[Measures].[LinkedStatus] = ‘DS’
), [Measures].[Issues created]))

The attached picture shows the transition status of the issues in project 1. the issues of project 2 are linked to project 1. I want to see the transition status of the issues from project 2 depending on project 1.

Can somebody help me?

@lauma.cirule
@martins.vanags

i just don’t know what to do.

Thank you :smiley:

Hello Milad,

You would like to use tuples to access historical status of linked issue at any time back in the period. I used this formula to count how many of issues in each status has linked issue in the same status at the period end:

NonZero(Sum(Filter(
Descendants([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember, [Issue].[Issue]),
-- tuple with default context to access historical status of linked issue
  DefaultContext(([Measures].[Issues history],
   [Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.GetLinkedMember('Linked from D**'),
   [Transition Status]. CurrentHierarchyMember,
   [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember)) > 0
), [Measures].[Issues history]))

The formula might work slow or lead to OutOfMemmory errors in accounts with the large issue set. It could be a bit unprecise as the formula fill validate the status of an issue and the linked issue at the end of the period only.

You can use a particular Transition status member, for example, [Transition status].[DS], instead of [Transition status]. CurrentHierarchyMember to check only linked issues in status DS.

Daina / support@eazybi.com