Tweak Open Issues or Resolved Issues

My apologies for all the questions! Today was the first day I was able to invest a big chunk of time on EazyBI.

I discovered that among my data, I have several issues that do not have a resolved/resolution date. This is obviously skewing the counts when I use the “Open Issues” measure. I’ve confirmed that all the issues that are missing the resolution date have a status of “Release Done”.

I can’t quite figure out how to create a metric that will take Open Issues and subtract any issues with “Release Done” status from the count. Another option could be to subtract any issues with a Done status category.

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this.

Hi @Rosa_Guthrie,

I would recommend fixing the data in Jira - adding the resolution date to the resolved issues that are missing the date.

Another option would be to use the Transition Status dimension “Category” hierarchy and the measure “Issues history”. With this setup, you could see the number of issues in each Time dimension period in open statuses - Jira status categories “To Do” and “In progress”.

The formula could look similar to the one below:

[Measures].[Issues history]
-
([Measures].[Issues history],
[Transition Status.Category].[Done])

The eazyBI documentation has more information on calculated measures - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/analyze-and-visualize/calculated-measures-and-members.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com