Updated date field in an active sprint

Hi @AlanG,

When importing value changes of custom date fields, then eazyBI stores previous values (dates) the field had, but eazyBI does not record when the value was changed. To track the date when the “Drop Schedule” value was changed, you might want to create a new JvaScript calculated measure to collect information on those activities.

1. In eazyBI advanced settings define a new JavaScript calculated custom field that would count how many times the “Drop Schedule” field is changed and fix the date of the action. The code might look like this:

[jira.customfield_ds_changes]
    name = "Drop Schedule date changed"
    data_type = "integer"
    measure = true
    multiple_dates = true
    javascript_code = '''
    var datechanges = new Array();
    if (issue.changelog && issue.changelog.histories && issue.changelog.histories.length > 0) {
      var histories = issue.changelog.histories;
      for (var i = 0; i < histories.length; i++) {
        var history = histories[i];
        if (history.items && history.items.length > 0) {
         for (var n = 0; n < history.items.length; n++) {
          var item = history.items[n];
         if (item.field == 'Drop Schedule') { 
            //change date + counter of change action
            datechanges.push(history.created.toString().substr(0,10) + "," + 1);
            }
          }
        }
      }
    };
    issue.fields.customfield_ds_changes = datechanges.join("\n");
    '''

Note, that in line 15 is the custom field name, please make sure it matches the custom field name in your eazyBI.

More details on how to validate, add and update the JacaScript calculated custom fields are here: https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/custom-fields/javascript-calculated-custom-fields

2. Then go to import options tab Custom fields, and select “Drop Schedule date changed” for data import as measure and as property. Import data.

3. After data import, eazyBI will create a measure “Drop Schedule date changed” that would show how many times the field is changed on each date. You may use this measure also with the Sprint dimension.

Here are some other topics on similar use cases to analyze date field changes:

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com