Use imported measure with no time dimension with JIRA time dimension

Dear eazyBI team,

We have Jira connected to eazyBI as a source application and want to extend the cube with additional information via Excel import. For example, we would like to map teams to projects and add team capacity (hours per week). Our goal is to report the time the teams spend on various JIRA issues (story, bug, task, etc.) per calendar week. Furthermore we want to display also the team capacity on each time period, but it is not working, because the ‘Team Capacity’ measure does not have a time dimension.

The mapping looks like this:

In the comments I attached an image showing what we want to achieve

We want to avoid maintaining a table with all teams and the team capacity for every day, so that the measure has a time dimension.

I hope my question is understandable.
Can you give us a hint how we can achieve this?

Best Regards,
Dimitar Dimitrov

We would like to achieve something like this:

where near the time spend we show the team capacity and all this for every week (time period).

Hi @dimdim,

The measures imported into the Jira issues cube with the additional data import will return values with dimensions mapped to in the data mapping. When other dimensions are involved in a report, it is necessary to reset the context with a particular dimension, DefaultMember, in a tuple. In your case, to reset the measures context for the Time dimension, the formula could look similar to the one below:

([Measures].[Team capacity],
[Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember)

Another option is to reset the context for all dimensions, except a select few with the DefaultContext() function. In the example you shared, it seems the measure is mapped only to the Project dimension. That means the measure will be empty with any other dimension in the report in a detailed level. You can overcome that with the formula below:

DefaultContext((
  [Measures].[Team capacity],
  [Project].CurrentHierarchyMember
))

I also recommend removing the square brackets from the measure’s name - Team capacity [h/week] as those are used in MDX formulas and could cause confusion.

See the eazyBI documentation page for more details about the DefaultContext() function - DefaultContext.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com

1 Like