User defined measure for End date of an epic

I am new to eazyBI and I looked at some sample reports for the Gantt chart view. But it’s based on the epic issue status updated date which usually we do not update the epic status.
I wonder if there is any way to write a MDX so the epic end date can be calculated based on:
The start of the First sprint date (or earliest epic created date) + (story points of the epic / average velocity of the team) X sprint duration?

You can check out a couple of example reports (measure examples) in our demo account for starting building pieces here.

1. First Sprint date - you can use measure Multiple sprints start date indirectly used in this example report for multiple sprints burndown.

2. Average velocity of the team - Story Points velocity 5 Sprints used in this example report for story points progress in epic.

You can import either both reports or create measures mentioned above using the formulas from demo account.

You can define a new calculated member End date, using this formula, where I addressed the calculated measures mentioned above:

DateAddDays(
-- use First sprint start date 
  [Measures].[Multiple Sprints start date],
-- add days based on all created points 
  (
    [Measures].[Story Points created],
    [Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember
  )
  /
-- divided by team current velocity
  DefaultContext(
    [Measures].[Story Points Velocity 5 Sprints]
   , [Team].CurrentMember
  )
-- multiplied by sprint cycle length
)

I used an assumption, you have a custom field Team in your Jira issues to represent team working on issue. You can use any other dimension, instead of Team in this line [Team].CurrentMember to represent team scope.

Daina / support@eazybi.com

1 Like

Hi @daina.tupule I am trying to generate report for

• Lead Time = EPICs from entered into Jira to Production
  • Cycle Time - EPICs from commitment in a QAP to Production
    for one and multiple projects.
    I tried using the time in epic measure from the demo account but unable to generate it. I am using “project” and " Sprint" in my pages and “Time” in Rows. Can you please suggest, how can I best achieve that?

Thank You
SS

The name of measure Time in epic might be misleading. It is used to filter out days for some burn-down reports.

I would suggest to check out this dashboard with Lead time and Cycle time report examples. You can use any report and add Issue type with selection Epic on Pages as well. Any calculation in the formula will be applied to Epic issues only.

Here is a similar topic on this as well:

Daina / support@eazybi.com