Using Issues with Target end date in Epics and tasks (under an Epic)

Hi,

The JIRA issues I’m querying on have Epics with a Target end date and a Task under them also with a Target end date. The restriction I’m working under is that the Target end date is not populated for all Epics but they are all populated for the Task under them.
I’m trying to create a calculated member that sums the number of Tasks with the Target end date (not empty) within a Fiscal year and displays in the proper Fiscal Month.
This is the calculated member I am using:

Sum(
  [Issue Type].[Task],
  [Measures].[Issues with target end]
)

However, for the Tasks whose Epic Target end date is EMPTY, those are excluded. So, when using “Issues with Target end date”, there seems to be a check on the Epic Target end date field of the Task. If it is empty, it skips that Task from the count. If it is not empty, it adds the Task to the count.

I would have expected the calculated member to return the count of all the Tasks with Target end date (not empty).

Are there some sort of Portfolio Hierarchy constraints that may be causing this?

Does this make sense?

Please advise.

Thanks,
Randy

@randye007

here I would recommend using the “issue.portfolio” hierarchy for “Issue” dimension to group issues under the portfolio structure. This hierarchy should be created automatically when you select and import “Parent link” in import options page.

Then you could easily use the measure “Issues with target end” which is created automatically when you import “Target end” field as measures.

That would count issues in the hierarchy level that have the target end date in the displayed time period. Of cours you could limit the calculation by creating calculated members also in “Issue” dimension, but the measure should work without any additional formulas.

Martins / eazyBI support