Velocity chart for a dev squad

Hello!
I’m not sure how to approach this problem: I already have a velocity chart for a dev team based on story points. I aggregate per month the story points of stories in a specific Jira project that were transitioned to UAT. For this I use a custom calculated measure. Works fine.
The new requirement is to measure the velocity of a sub-team, meaning take into account only issues where specific users logged time on.
How can I filter for those stories and where would I put the filter? Into my calculated measure?

Hi @Branko

I think the best solution would be precalculating issue sub-team on each issues level - either in Jira using some scripted field Jira calculated and scripted custom fields - eazyBI for Jira, or during data import, using JavaScript calculated custom field: JavaScript calculated custom fields - eazyBI for Jira

With the code, based on worklog information, you would assign a sub-team to the issue, and then import this value as a new dimension. You may import multiple sub-teams for the issue as well (they won’t be related to sprints per se).

Add to the sprint velocity report this dimension as a filter. Only issues having the selected sub-team assigned would be included in the report.

The advanced settings (in case if you have multiple sub-teams for the issue) could be:

[jira.customfield_subteam]
name = "Sub-team"
data_type = "string"
multiple_values = true
split_by = ","
dimension = true
javascript_code = '''
[your JavaScript code]
'''

Best,
Ilze / support@eazybi.com

Hi Ilze,
thank you very much!
It’s a bit more complicated than I had hoped, but your proposal sounds reasonable :smile:
I have to consider to look into scripted custom fields and JavaScript.

Thanks again :pray:
Branko.