What is the highest timeout value recommend?

HI everyone~
In the advanced setting tab, we can add javascript to increase the timeout.
Currently, a lot of reports are getting errors saying the timeout is not enough.
These are our current settings:

[mondrian.rolap]
queryTimeout = 180
maxQueryThreads = 20

This is the error message in the system events we get :

“root_cause_message”: “OutOfMemory used=3831832984, max=4194304000 for connection: Jdbc=jdbc:postgresql://atl-prd-jiradb.cruktnvc46lz.us-west-2.rds.amazonaws.com/eazybi_jira?tcpKeepAlive=true; JdbcDrivers=org.postgresql.Driver; UseContentChecksum=true; *** XML schema dump removed ***”,

My question is what is the maxium value we can put here for timeout without imapcting perforamce in both eazybi and Jira?
It was mention in this thread here to not remove timeout, but I would like to ask what is the timeout recommend to solve timeout errors when running complex reports

Hi @dealseekerpinky

I am sorry to here you experience problems with repot executions.

Yes, there is an option to increase the timeout, and, in some cases, it is indeed the only solution to execute particular reports.
Though, if the report has not been opened during the default timeout, it is a strong indication the report is not build optimally (or too many issues are imported into account), and increasing the timeout postpones the problem. The OutOfMemory error could be caused by that.

In this case, please, export the report definition and send to support@eazybi.com so we could advise if there is option to optimise the report: https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBI/Create+reports#Createreports-Exportandimportreportdefinitions

Best,
ilze, support@eazyBI.com