When Issue Type Changes Then Capture the TimeStamp

Hi Team,

I have some Stories and after somedays we changed it’s Issue type to Task.
Now I’m able to see the when and who updated the Issue type under History of issue but I want to see this in eazyBI Reports.

Hi,

You could create a new calculated measure using this formula:

Timestamptodate(([Measures].[Transition to last timestamp],
[Transition Field].[Issuetype],
[Issue Type].[Task]))

Select the correct formatting for this measure to display results as dates
It will show the last date when the author made the issue type change to Task

Then use “Transition Author” dimension and filter report by new measure as explained here:
https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/analyze-and-visualize/create-reports#Createreports-Orderandfilterrowsbymeasurevalues

Martins / eazyBI

How can I adjust this to get the timestamp for a custom field called Target Release but I get the timestamp each time an issue was changed to any specific Target Release?

Hi @Alyssa_A

If “Target Release” is a select-list (single-choice) field, first, make sure that the field is imported with value changes.
https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/data-from-jira/import-issue-change-history#Importissuechangehistory-Customfielddimensions

Your current formula for your calculated measure would return the last change (timestamp) for a particular Target_Release since you use this dimension in the columns.

For example, the measure “TR Timestamp” in column 20.09 would return the last timestamp of change in Target_Release field when Target_Release was set to 20.09.

Why woud you assume that the timestamp you get is from each time an issue was changed to any specific Target Release?

Martins / eazyBI

The issue might have various updates to the Target Release, so I would like the timestamp each time it was updated to any Target Release. Example, if an issue was updated to Target Release 20.09 I would like to see that timestamp under the column 20.09 and it was updated again to Target Release 20.11 I would like to see that timestamp under the column 20.11. Is that possible with the current formula?

@Alyssa_A

Have you imported “Target_Release” with value changes?
Your current formula should return the last change for particular Target Release

Martins / eazyBI

I’m reviewing that with our admin that performs those activities. I’m not sure if there was an issue with the import.