Who updated issue

Hi all,

I wanted to see if there is a simple way of adding the name of the person who updated the issue last.

I have a report built that shows issues that have had no updates in the last 5 working days, however I would like to add the name of the person who last updated the issue.

Here we will then be able to determine if the update came from the Assignee, Reporter or Watcher etc.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards

Seamie

Hi,

The solution for finding a user who did the last update would require to use the advanced features of eazyBI. Different approaches are needed, depending on whether the solution is needed for the Jira Server app or Jira Cloud app.

The solution for the Jira Cloud would require the Javascript calculated custom field in eazyBI. The following Javascript code captures the display name of the user who did the last update:

for (i=0; i<issue.changelog.histories.length;i++) {
  hist = issue.changelog.histories[i];
  if (hist.author) issue.fields.customfield_lua=hist.author.displayName;
};

Note that this code expects that the custom field has the customfield_lua as the ID.

The same code would give limited results for the Jira Server since the change history is accessible to a limited extent in the eazyBI for the Jira Server app. You need to create the scripted field in Jira for capturing the author of the last update there.

Kindly,

Janis, eazyBI support