XRay - Test evolution chart

Hello,

On the Xray Documentation Page, a Test evolution chart is shown as an exemple: Integration with eazyBI

2022-02-21_121655

I am trying to reproduce this graph using easyBI but I am stucked. I cannot figure what ‘Measures’ to use in order to plot test execution statuses over time.

Below is my current Table view:

And the MDX calculation for the ‘Tests TODO’ field:

Sum(
  Filter(
    Descendants([Xray Test].CurrentMember, [Xray Test].[Test]),
    [Measures].[Xray Test last execution status] = 'TODO'
  ),
  [Measures].[Tests Executed]
  +[Measures].[Tests Executing]
  +[Measures].[Tests Scheduled]
)

Expected result is shown below (XRay Jira Widget):

Kind regards,
Vincent

Hello,

I found an online publication : Vesterinen_Salla.pdf (theseus.fi)

A Cumulative Xray Tests executed by status graph is explained in details. Formula used in this publication:

Cache(
  Sum(
    Descendants([Xray Test].CurrentMember, [Xray Test].[Test]),
    CASE WHEN
      [Measures].[Cumulative Xray Tests executed] > 0
    THEN
      CASE WHEN
       [Xray Test Execution Status].CurrentMember.Level.Name = “Status”
      THEN
        CASE WHEN
		  Tail(Order([Xray Test Execution Status].Members,
		  [Measures].[Xray Test last status date])).Item(0) IS
		  [Xray Test Execution Status].CurrentMember
        THEN
        END
      ELSE
    END
  END
  )
)

Resulting table:
2022-02-22_105443

However when I try to reproduce the settings, I am not getting any results.

Regards,
Vincent

Hello,

Here is an explanation of what is happening:

Left picture leads to the right picture when I run a test execution (EXECUTING → PASS).
So I am losing the test execution history and have only access to the current test execution status.

Is there a way to plot, day by day, the count of each test execution by statuses ? And if no test execution occurred for one specific day / test, then refer to the last test execution status ?

Regards,
Vincent

Hi @vcottineau,

The “Test Burn-Down / Test Evolution chart” (report from the initial question) was withdrawn from eazyBI documentation (Xray Test Management) and eazyBI sample reports.

• The solution had very resourceful calculations, and the report timed out for most cases.
  • Also, it didn’t work as expected for some use cases considering TODO and IN PROGRESS statuses because unfinished test runs do not have a Finished date and cannot be compared with the rest of the test executions.

If you would like to get some kind of burn-down in the test plan context, check out the documentation on building “Xray Test burnup for Test Plan”: Xray Test burnup for Test Plan

Available test run data in eazyBI are insufficient to create a day-by-day report of test runs and their execution result history. Therefore, only the latest (current) test runs status is available in eazyBI, and status is represented on the timeline by a finished date (or a started date if a finished date is not present).

Here are a few more topics on the late execution status within the given report context, like Test Plan, without the timeline.

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com

Hi @zane.baranovska,

Thanks for your reply. I understand why it’s not available anymore. I will keep on using the Jira Widget.
Regarding Xray Test burnup for Test Plan (eazybi.com), I already set this graph up on my environnement.

Kind regards,
Vincent