Zephyr Fields available

Looking to build a report that has the Jira test information along with all of the steps, expected results, etc. from Zephyr for Jira Test Management.

Would like to get OrderId, Step, Test Data, Expected Result, and Step Result

We use step level reporting and individual step status tied back to the overall test result for reporting.

Using Jira Cloud.

Has anyone pulled these in successfully for reporting?

Thanks in advance.
Dennis

Hi @DennisT,

In eazyBI, Zephyr data are built around test executions, and data on individual test steps are not imported. There is a measure “Zephyr Test steps” representing how many test steps are in a test and test cycle, but that is about it. There is a list of available metrics and dimensions for testing data analytics: Zephyr for Jira Test Management - eazyBI for Jira).

You may import additional metrics (numeric values) on test step execution results for each test cycle using additional data import. But this won’t cover descriptive information on each test step, like, OrderId, Step, Test Data, Expected Result.

For example, you may retrieve and import count of how many steps were PASS, FAIL, WIP, or UNEXECUTED for each test in each test cycle. More details on additional data import are here: Additional data import into Jira Issues cube - eazyBI for Jira.

I added your suggestion to analyze individual test steps to the eazyBI feature backlog for further consideration. And will update this Community post if there will be any decision to move forward with it.

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com

Hi Zane,

Appreciate the followup. The addition of the actual steps etc. would be a great addition.

When there is handoff between specific steps we look at the actual step status and not just the top level execution status overall. The ability to look at all the steps and what needs to be tested etc. would make our metrics much more valuable.

On that note I have been trying to add the data manually.

• Do an extract of the specific cycle to a csv file that provides all the steps, step result, etc.

The fields that I believe i need to include for merging into the cube are as follows:
CycleName
FolderName
Issue Key
Test Summary
Project
Executed By
Executed On
ExecutionStatus
Assigned To
StepId
OrderId
Step
Test Data
Expected Result
Step Result

However, even loading the data to a new cube for reporting i can’t seem to get the correct settings for the fields.

Any thoughts on getting this data into its own cube, or better yet merged into the standard issues cube, would be much appreciated.

Understand it would be a manual update to reload the file but all the data on the same dashboard for project tracking would be a big win.

I have tried to follow the csv import documentation but still can’t get it to work properly.

Thank you,
Dennis