Add Customer Portal URLs

Dear eazyBI community,

Just started using eazyBI for Jira on a Jira Service Management Cloud instance.

My question to you is, is there a way to change the default Jira Links to point to the Customer Portal instead of Jira Service Desk?

Default functionality points to [Jira base URL]/browse/[Issue key]. Contrary to this, Portal link which I’m after would be [Jira base URL]/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/[Issue key].

If there’s no way to change the default, could you please help me concatenate this as a string into a custom field? I can use the static first part and append the issue key.

Also, is it possible to show it as a link in a report instead of text?

Cheers,
András

Hi @splice7 ,

Unfortunately, there is no option to change the link in the “Drill through issue” window. One option I can think of Is using the Issue dimension in rows and define a new calculated measure with a formula similar to the one below:

"<a href='JIRA_URL/servicedesk/customer/portal/6/"
||[Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Key||"'>"||[Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Key||"</a>"

Use the “HTML” formatting for the calculated measure. See more details on how to change the formatting in the eazyBI documentation page - Calculated measures and members - eazyBI for Jira.

The report then could look similar to the one below:

With the Issue dimension in rows, you can also use the “Go to source” option to open the specific issue.

I have to note that the portal may differ for some issues, and the link defined in the calculated measure could lead to a dead end.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Hi Roberts,

Thank you very much for getting back to me – I will definitely try the method you suggested and track back on how it fits my use case!

Cheers,
András

Tracking back here – this worked perfectly, thank you again @roberts.cacus!

Also, I do realize the Portal number postfixes at the end differ per project, but thankfully Jira Service Management does proper redirections, so the URLs don’t break.