Average time spend by status (transitions + current state)

Hello there,

it’s probably a reoccurring question, but I didn’t found a solution that works for me in the already given answers.

I’d like to analyse our value stream, so that along our workflow I can set up a bar chart to compare the average time spend in our status at different timeframes (SaFe Program Increment and latest running 90 days). This would include all issues currently in a specific state and those that transitioned in the given time frames.

My current approach - which I know is incorrect - is the following:

NonZero(
 ([Measures].[Days in transition status], [Status].[Funnel]) + 
 ([Measures].[Days in transition status], [Transition Status].[Funnel])
)
/ 
NonZero(
([Measures].[Transitions to status issues count],[Status].[Funnel]) +
([Measures].[Transitions to status issues count],[Transition Status].[Funnel])
)

I’m new to eazyBI and this is with my current knowledge the closest I could get to - right now I see the following problems with this approach:

• Some results are infinite
  • When an issue transitioned multiple times into the same state it is counted multiple times.

I did try Average days in transition status + average days in current status, but this approach didn’t work for me as Martins suggestion always returns an empty result.

Anyone who can support here? Thanks in advance - I appreciate it a lot.

Merry Christmas,
Jan

Hi @jriehn ,
First of all, the measure “Days in transition status” is not working with dimension “Status” as you would expect. Measure “Days in transition status” is a historical measure and works with the dimension “Transition status”, see more here: Import issue change history

But, yes, you are right, this question is reoccurring one and my colleague has provided a detailed answer here for the needed measure:

Also, we have a demo report that you may want to check for calculated measure: Issue days in selected status - Issues - Jira Demo - eazyBI

best,
Gerda // support@eazyBI.com