Creating report with links of issue

Hi community :slight_smile:
I have 2 projects in jira. First project has issue of vehicle’s info and their stations (orders). The second project has problems of these vehicles and their repair time. Then i linked (related to) vehicles to problems. So i want to report total repair time of problems by vehicle’s stations. For example, x vehicle is on 1. station. Then x vehicle 5 problems and their total repair time is 685 hours. Y vehicle is on 2. station and total repair time is 650 hours etc. I attached photo that what i want but i cant on eazy bi. Canyou help me?

It seems you would like to group all problems under Vehicles and apply some calculations on problems with vehicles.

Current solution
You imported linked problems for a vehicle. You will need to use some custom calculations to pull in values from those linked problem issues. We have demo training account with some examples on those calculations. There is a description on how to use them in this community post:

Suggested solution
I would suggest considering a different setup for this, though. You can enable it if you have only one station for any vehicle and you have one-to-many relationship for vehicles and problems. Each vehicle can have none to several problems. Any problem could be related to one vehicle only.

The solution has two steps:

1. Define a link custom field dimension Vehicle and use it for grouping Problems (define a link field in opposite direction).
  2. Define a new custom field for Vehicle Station with JavaScript code and pass down the values from vehicles to problems using this new link custom field Vehicle.
    Here is an example on how to define the JavaScript code for the inherited field in this community topic:
    Aggregate story points on stories under a epics grouped by a custom attribute - #2 by janis.plume
    The example is for Epic custom field. However, you would like to pull in Station value for Vehicle (test the code for Vehicle issues). In the definition you would like to change the update_from_issue_key parameter as well. Address the vehicle custom field (defined in the point 1) there instead of epic_key. Parameter update_from_issue_key will pass down the calculated station value of a vehicle to problem issues for the vehicle.

With this approach any measure will work for problems (for example, Average resolution days) and you can use Vehicle and/or Vehicle station dimensions to group problems in reports.

In my example report, I have Story issues with several Bugs. I imported link custom field Story and built a report with the new dimension Story on Rows, Issue type selection Bug on Pages. Any measure used in the report will work for Bugs:

This report shows the basic setup. You can use new dimension Vehicle or Vehicle Station instead of Story and Problems instead of Bugs.

Daina / support@eazybi.com