EazyBI count sprints linked to Jira board

Hi

I want help understanding how to use EazyBi to count all sprints in a Jira project linked to a board regardless of the sprint status.

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Hi @MarkP,

In eazyBI, all Sprints are grouped by Boards where the Sprint was initially created, and each Sprint can be under on one Board.

You can create a new calculated measure in the Measures section to count how many Sprints are on each board. For the calculation use function Count() and Descendants() to get set of Sprints for selected board.

Count(
  Descendants([Sprint].CurrentHierarchyMember,[Sprint].[Sprint])
)

More details on mentioned functions here:

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com

Thank you, Zane, and I am sorry for the late reply.

The script you provided is 75% of what I am looking for. Is there a way of including future sprints created, as the script you provided only has active or completed sprints?

Thanks
MP

eazyBI can count only those Sprints that are imported into the account. If a future sprint has no assigned issues, then its name is not imported in eazyBI, and it is not counted.

In the eazyBI, the data model is built around issues, and only those dimensions members related to some issue are imported in eazyBI. For example, only Sprints with any issues assigned to them are available in the Sprint dimension (Note: those issues should also be imported in eazyBI). It is intended functionality to keep the data model clean with only relevant data (metrics and dimensions).

Interesting, thanks for the feedback.