Epics and Children with Custom Field for Epic

Hi,
I think to see in the topics that we could not display the children of an epic when selecting a value of a customfield specific of an epic.

is my understanding good ?

thank you for your reply

Jérôme

Hi @Jerome_Arpin,

By default, eazyBI represents custom field values assigned to each issue directly. However, it is quite common that some fields are applicable only at the Epic level. And you may build reports for analyzing epic children issues based on the Epic fields.

1. For some standard fields, like Status, Fix Version, Label of an epic, you may enable link field dimension. There is a list of standard fields and how to do this: Issue link field dimensions

2. For single-select custom fields of epic, you may inherit those values also to epic child issues.
    In advanced settings add parameter update_from_issue_key = "epic_key". Advanced settings for custom fields

3. For other custom fields, you may use JavaScript calculated custom field to look up custom field values in epic and then inherit them to epic child issues: JavaScript calculated custom fields.
    The code to define custom field in advanced settings might look like this where NNNNN is custom field ID in Jira:

[jira.customfield_NNNNN_epic]
    name = "Epic Custom field"
    dimension = true
    data_type = "string"
    update_from_issue_key = "epic_key"
    javascript_code='''
    if (issue.fields.customfield_NNNNN) {
      issue.fields.customfield_NNNNN_epic=issue.fields.customfield_NNNNN;
    }
    '''

Please see also this community post on a similar use case and few examples:

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com

1 Like

Hi @zane.baranovska
In my epic I have a field called epic type, with 3 options: evolutionary, incident and project.
In history I do not have this field.
However, what I am looking for is that, through history, I can obtain what option his father has related to the alternatives: evolutionary, incident and project.
EpicType
Ex: MAR-134: History ->>>>> Evolutionary