Epics created in 2019

I would select all epics that are created in 2019. How would I do that? Can I do a selection with the Time dimension?

With this selection I want to create a report with the Story Points Created and the Story Points Resolved and create a calculated member to see how many Story Points are left.

Many thanks in advance!

Hi @Broer_Kloosterman,

You are right, to get all epics created in the year 2019, you may use Time dimension to select the year, Issue Type dimension so filter only Epics, and measure Story points created to get only those epics which are created in a select year.

Each measure might work with the Time dimension differently. If you add measure Story Points resolved to the report, it will show story points of all epics which are resolved in the year 2019, regardless when that epic is created. If your intention is to get resolved story points of epics created and resolved in the year 2019, then you might define a new calculated measure in Measures. The calculation would go through each epic and check whether its creation date and resolution date are in the selected period.

NonZero(Sum(
  Filter(
    --iterate through all epics created and resolved in the same period
    Descendants([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember, [Issue].[Issue]),
    [Measures].[Issue type] = "Epic" AND
    DateInPeriod([Measures].[Issue created date],
      [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember) AND
    DateInPeriod([Measures].[Issue resolution date],
      [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember)
    ),
    [Measures].[Story Points resolved]
))

You may use a similar approach to get story points of unresolved epics which are created in the selected period (the year 2019) and are not resolved. In that case, a formula for calculated measure might look like this:

NonZero(Sum(
  Filter(
    --iterate through all epics which are not resolved in the same period
    Descendants([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember, [Issue].[Issue]),
    [Measures].[Issue type] = "Epic" AND
    DateInPeriod([Measures].[Issue created date],
      [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember) AND
    --not resolved at all or resolved after selected period
    (IsEmpty([Measures].[Issue resolution date])
     OR DateAfterPeriodEnd([Measures].[Issue resolution date],
      [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember) )
    ),
    [Measures].[Story Points created]
))

Some materials on related topics:

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com