Getting reference objects in Insight in report

Hi there,

I’m making a report in EazyBI on our business services and their customers (Organisations) (relation 1-n) from Insight database.

Every Business Service is an object in Insight. They all have reference objects from the object “Organisations”. I now want to see all the Business Services with their organisations attributes (ie. name and code)

I tried next syntax as a calculated measure but have no data, so clearly I’m doing it wrong:

[Object].CurrentHierarchyMember.GetLinkedMemberName(‘Organisaties Naam’)
and
[Object].CurrentHierarchyMember.GetLinkedMember(‘Organisaties OVO nr’)

Hi @_P3 ,

The relation between Business Services and Organisations objects is a little unclear to me. For that reason, look at the example below:

We have the Business Services object type “Email Service” object. It has a reference to two objects from the Category object type.

These objects have the attribute “Type”.

To retrieve the referenced Category object type attribute “Type”, first ensure the respective attributes are selected for import for each Object type in the Insight import options. See an example below:

Now, you can use the Business Services objects in rows and use the Service Category attribute as a dimension alongside it. See the example below:

Finally, to retrieve a specific Category type object attributes, define a new calculated measure with a formula similar to the below:

[Object].[Object].GetMemberByKey(
  [Business Services Service Category].CurrentMember.Key
).Get('Category Type')

In the formula, replace the Business Services Service Category dimension with the Business Services Organisation dimension. The report could look similar to the one below:

Share more details if the object relations differ from the provided example.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Here are some screenshots:

First the information I want

Here are 13 organisations that are related to the business service, I want those visualised in EazyBI

Build up in EazyBI:

measures:
EB1

rows and pages:
EB2

user defined measure:
EP3

actual report:
EB4

As you can see, there is no result for the measures from Organization or the user defined measure

Hi @_P3 ,

eazyBI imports outbound references. Please see the community post below for inbound references with a similar use case.

Let me know if you get stuck or have any questions.
Best,

@roberts.cacus ,

Long time has gone by since I asked this question. To be honest, it slipped to the background.

Now I need it, but can’t figure it out.

My situation is that I’ve got in Assets an object type “Business Services” with in that object a list of inbound references of Technical Businesses (those are linked in the object type Technical Services throught Object and Dependency) .
I have no clue how I can create a report in EazyBI with a list of my attributes from the “Business Services” and a list of my inbound references (ie Technical Services).
The solution you gave above doesn’t work for me. Good chance ofcourse I’m doing something wrong.

Hi @_P3,

I recommend placing the attribute dimension representing the “Business Services” object types in the “Technical Businesses” report rows. In the example below, the “Asset Category” type objects have inbound links. The “Asset Category” is referenced in “Model” type objects in the attribute “Asset Type”:

In the eazyBI import options, I imported the “Asset Type” attribute as a dimension. Placed in the report rows, I can combine it with the Object dimension to view the list. The report could look similar to the one below:

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com