Heat Map Creation

Hello,
Guys, I’m having a hard time here to put together a heat map, where I must measure:
Tickets created:
Day + week in line
Time (from 00:00 to 23:00) in columns I will attach an example here, I already managed to arrive in DAYS + WEEKS in lines but I cannot measure the number of tickets per hour within the day!

This is what I managed to create

Hi @DEGAN,
Welcome to the eazyBI community! :wave:

You can create a new dimension to indicate in which hour issue was created, and a code example is posted in another community post that you can reuse:

Keep in mind that this dimension only indicates the hour when an issue was created.
If you need hour from some other date time picker customfield, then you can adjust this code to this (change NNNNN to your customfield ID):

[jira.customfield_hour_of_day_incident_start]
name = "Hour of Day Incident Start"
data_type = "integer"
dimension = true
javascript_code = '''
if(issue.fields.customfield_NNNNN) {
var hours = new Date(Date.parse(issue.fields.customfield_NNNNN)).getHours();
issue.fields.customfield_hour_of_day_incident_start = hours;
}'''

In the report it looks like this:

and when using it with Time dimension:

Also, you can create a measure to indicate which weekday it is:
[Time].CurrentHierarchyMember.Get('Week day name')

Use cell formatting to set up limits for your heat map (check “eazyBI for Confluence” demo report to see how it can be done).
Or wait a bit for the next eazyBI version where improved cell formatting for heat maps are going to be added)!

best,
Gerda // support@eazyBI.com

Hello, thank you very much for the return, this is what I want New page version weekly heat map by author - Confluence - Confluence public demo - eazyBI , however I am not able to put the Dimension in the Calculation of Hours does not appear for me.

From what I realized if I can mount a dimension, I think I can get out of place!

Hi @DEGAN

In the eazyBI documentation is an example of how to add a new JavaScript calculated field. Add the above custom field definition to eazyBI advanced settings or ask JIRA administrator to do this for you (only JIRA administrators have access to eazyBI advanced settings).

The above code (in the previous answer) will create a new dimension based on your Jira customfield date-time. In data import you need to select both fields (as in my example “Incident start date” and “Hour of Day Incident Start”).

Further, you need to select the custom field for import as a dimension in eazyBI source data import.

Let me know if this worked for you or share more details on how far you are geting and what is not working!

best,
Gerda // support@eazyBI.com

Hello,

Thank you very much, I managed to raise the dimension but it doesn’t show me how much time like the examples I think I may be doing something wrong.

Hello @DEGAN,
Please check that you have selected and imported also your datetime customfield from which this customfields retrieves hours.

Also check that you have added your JavaScript customfield in eazyBI settings and not in source data import additional options.
eazyBI.png

Andk eep in mind that whenever you are changing advanced settings for custom fields (also by removing some additional settings), you might want to perform double data import to ensure the correct outcome of changes (https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/advanced-data-import-options/import-issue-links#Importissuelinks-Troubleshooting).

1. In the import option, deselect JavaScript custom field from data import and import data. This action will clear the previous data and data structures (even you see them as empty).
  2. When data import is completed, update the advanced settings for the field. Save the changes.
  3. In the import option, select the custom fields for data import and import data for the second time.

A little update about heat map creation - if you are using Cloud then you can already enjoy the new cell formatting functionality to create it.

best,
Gerda

Hi,

Thank you very much for the help. I managed to make the map here, thank you very much.

1 Like