How to create report based on examples defined in Cucumber Tests (Xray)?

Hi,
I want to create report in eazyBI which show me test run result for every example which is defined in Cucumber Test (Scenario Outline). I can see it in Test Run details in Xray but I can’t fetch that data to any dashboard/report/JQL in Jira/Xray. Maybe somebody done it before and can help to solve that issue?

1 Like

Hi,

Could you share a couple of screenshots of how the examples are visible in Xray? That could help to check if there is a workaround for your needs with eazyBI.

Kindly,
Janis, eazyBI support

Thank you for your answer. Below you can see how it looks in Xray.

Examples in execution details

I want to fetch data from execution details.

Examples in Cucumber Test

Hi,

This information is not accessible in the eazyBI data model for Xray.
The smallest item in the data model is test execution.

A possible workaround could be the additional data import, as illustrated in this community post:

This solution requires a deep knowledge of the Xray database and may still have limitations to fully import the test examples.

Kindly,
Janis, eazyBI support

Thank you for your help. I have finished my work and now I have in EazyBI report which allows me to show all examples, with results, in cucumber tests.

2 Likes

Hi!

I’m dealing with the same problem. I tried the next Javascript:

var custom_examples_result = [];
getDocument(
  '/rest/raven/2.0/api/testrun?testExecIssueKey=' + doc.testExecKey + '&testIssueKey=' + doc.testKey,
  { ignoreErrors: [404] },
  function (result) {
      getDocument(
        '/rest/raven/2.0/api/testrun/' + result["id"] + '/example/0', { ignoreErrors: [404] },
        function (example) {
          if (example["status"]){
            example["Example0"] = example["status"];
            custom_examples_result.push(example);
          }    
        });
  }
);
return custom_examples_result;

But the second getDocument doesn’t work. I’m trying to use the API rest request defined in the 2.0

{{JIRA_BASEURL}}/rest/raven/2.0/api/testrun/{{TR2_ID}}/example/0

Could you share how do you solve this issue?

Thank you in advance.

I did that in EazyBI. I connected to JIRA DB, fetched appropriate data and created reports. When this solution will be ok for you. I will send to you more details.

I was able to import the data:

var custom_examples_result = [];
getDocument(
  '/rest/raven/2.0/api/testrun?testExecIssueKey=' + doc.testExecKey + '&testIssueKey=' + doc.testKey,
  { ignoreErrors: [404] },
  function (result) {
    if(result["examples"]){
      _.each(result["examples"], function(example){
        if(example["values"][0]!="Id"){
          example["ExampleTestExecIssueKey"] = doc.testExecKey;
          example["ExampleTestIssueKey"] = doc.testKey;
          example["ExampleRunStatus"] = example["status"];
          custom_examples_result.push(example);
        }
      });
    }
  }
);
return custom_examples_result;

But now I cannot see them generating a report in easyBI, I’m not an expert on that :smile:

I try to select now the data imported, generating a new table and I cannot see the mapped data:

I cannot see what I’m doing wrong. Do you have any idea about what is wrong here?

Thank you in advance.