How to get the min version start date from each of the release that are aggregated in Fix Version dimension?

Hello everyone,

I didn’t know if I should post this topic or re-activate the old one… Sorry if it is not the right way to do it !

So, my problem is that I want to get the min version start date from each of the release that are aggregated in Fix Version dimension.
There is a topic about it :
Can I show 2 Releases as one Gantt line (union or combined or stacked)? - Questions & Answers - eazyBI Community

I did follow each step :

• I define a Calculated member formula as “Min_group_start_date”:
Tail(
  Filter(
    Descendants([Fix Version].CurrentHierarchyMember,[Fix Version].[Version]),
    Not IsEmpty([Fix Version].CurrentHierarchyMember.Get('Start date'))
    AND
    [Measures].[Issues created] > 0
  ), 1
).Item(0).Get('Start date')
  • then I selected it in the measures dimension and put it in the Columns.
  • In the Rows zone, I put the fix version dimension and I defined a new calculated member as
Aggregate((
  Filter(
    [Fix Version].[Version].Members,
    --filter by both, status and name
    [Fix Version].CurrentMember.get('Status') = "Unreleased" AND
    [Fix Version].CurrentMember.Name MATCHES '.*RF.*'
  )
))

In order to select all the versions with “RF” in it.

So I think I did exactly what I should do, but it doesn’t work :sob:

To be clearer :

• The calculated value “Min_group_start_date” kind of works because it gives the min version date on project level dimension or Unrealesed level, when the standard “Version start date” doesn’t.
  • The filter on RF kind of works because it filters fix version as expected.
    But, used together, there is no date written in “Min_group_start_date” in front of RF level.

Please help me, I don’t get what I missed !

Thank you in advance for your help,

Hi Laure,

You were indeed going in the right direction!
There were a few minor details that derailed you from the expected result.

Within Filter, you were iterating through Fix Version dimension “Version” level members and that returned dates of hierarchy Descendants but missed descendants of the aggregated group. It works fine if all hierarchy members are visible, but it gets distracted after being applied to aggregated versions. However, there is a valuable function DescendantsSet which does return expected results.

When all versions were retrieved next issue appeared - Tail was retrieving the version date of the last version in the list. To sort the Fix Version members with their start dates descending with the oldest version at the bottom use the Order function.

It was looking good, but Order only sorted entities within each hierarchy. So, to get entities sorted all together regardless of hierarchy, we need to break hierarchy during sort - let us add BDESC at the end of Order .

So the final formula looks like this:

Tail(
Order(Filter(
DescendantsSet([Fix Version].CurrentHierarchyMember,[Fix Version].[Version]),
Not IsEmpty([Fix Version].CurrentHierarchyMember.Get('Start date'))
AND
[Measures].[Issues created] > 0
), [Fix Version].CurrentHierarchyMember.Get('Start date'), BDESC
)).Item(0).Get('Start date')

This should do the trick! Let us know if it did!

Oskars / support@eazybi.com

Hello,

Thank you, I just tried it and this code works perfectly !