How to measure the number of issues (not estimated in SP) completed in a sprint

Hello,

I hope you can help me with this question.

In my project we have an indicator that measures the number of issues, not estimated in history points, committed at the beginning of the sprint against the number of issues, not estimated in history points, resolved at the end of the sprint. Normally these issues that have no estimated history points are usually of 2 specific types, but can be of more types.

I would like to know if there is a way to get these two measures in an eazyBI report.

ÂżMaybe indicating the committed issues at the beginning of the sprint and the resolved ones, that fulfill that the Story Points field = 0 or null?

ÂżMaybe indicating the issues committed at the beginning and the resolved ones, which meet that the Issue Type = Issue Type ID field?

Thank you very much in advance

Best regards

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Hi,

Try using advanced settings to define “Story point” field as dimension.
See details on how to import “Story points” as dimension: How to create a histogram

Then you could use the “Story points” dimension as page filter and filter “Story points” = 0

Then you could create a new calculated measure that calculates the stories from committed as in this example:
https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/cubes/Issues/reports/243468-sprint-issue-balance

It has a calculated measure “Sprint issues completed of committed” that calculates completed issues from those that were committed to the sprint.

Martins / eazyBI support

Hi @martins.vanags,

Many thanks for your helps!

But im not sure why but the measure “Sprint issues completed of commited” doesnt work for me (shows empty results in all sprints). Do you know if there are any conditions I need to add to make it work? The rest of the normal measures (issues added, removed) give me results.

I have also added the story points as dimension.

On the other hand I have tried to pull the issues without committed story points and completed with these sentences, and although I think it works almost fine, both give me exactly the same result.

([Measures].[Issues created])-([Measures].[Issues with story points created])

([Measures].[Issues resolved])-([Measures].[Issues with Story Points resolved])

Maybe the solution it’s is a combination of these measures and that one of “Sprint issues completed of commited”?

Thank you very much in advance

@JPerez

Please reach out to support@eazybi.com and provide the report definition exported to a text file.
Predefined measure “Sprint issues completed of committed” should be returning results for sprint unless something in the report definition is restricting that measure for the report.

Martins / eazyB

Hi @martins.vanags

I finally found the solution using the “Story points” dimension as page and multiple filtering by “Story points” = 0 and “Story points” = none. Thank you very much for your attention.

Kindly regards

1 Like