How to show only Jira Issues that were added into a sprint before a specific date

Trying to build a PIE chart that only displays issues that are in a set of sprints, provided that they have been moved into at least 1 of the selected sprints before a specific date.

The intent is to baseline total points created to help highlight what was committed before the start of a program increment (in this case, the specific date is the start date of the 1st sprint of a 5 sprint PI).

Once built, the report would be used at a moment in time capture of the Program Increment’s baseline in order to compare against actuals throughout the course of the PI.

Is there a way to do this?

eazyBI imports historical information about sprint changes for issues. While we have default measures to analyse scope of a sprint (since committed till completed). You can define more measures for other use cases.

You can use a tuple with measure Story Points history and date member representing the date you are looking for:

([Measures].[Story Points history], [Time].CurrentHierarchy.Levels(“Day”).DateMember( ‘01 JAN 2020’ ), [Sprint Status].[Future])

Here is how it looks in report. I planned my D1 Board for several upcoming sprints on that date:
750c92c43578cfa191bcfdc17bf8637a.png

If necessary, you can define some dynamic way on how to point to a particular date there.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.
Kind regards,

Daina Tupule
eazyBI support