Issues by Transition to status first date - distinct count

Hello,

I have a report like this:

It counts the number of issues which had a transition to “Customer Approval” status:

[Measures].[Customer Approval] = ([Measures].[Transitions to status issues count],[Transition Status].[Customer Approval])

The problem is that each issue could have several transitions to ‘Customer Approval’ status during it’s lifecycle. So in my current report configuration if, for example, one same issue had a transition to ‘Customer Approval’ status in October and then again in November, I get one count for each month in the report.

But I want to count issues only one time - in our example for October when the first transition happened.

I’ve tried to filter the issues somehow by ‘Transition to status first date’, but it would still count the issue twice if the Time dimension is applied - ‘Transition to status first date’ metric is time scope aware, but I want to count only the very first transition to status and output it to the corresponding month in the report (do not count/show any following transitions at all - as if there were none).

Can’t quite get my head around it. Appreciate any help.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @Ivan_Sidyakin,

The measures “Transitions to status” woudl coun issue in each period when it moved to a specific status (see documentation Import issue change history). If you would like to count issues only for the first period when this transition happened, then you should create a new calcauted measure.

The calculation would iterate through individual issues. Check whether the “Transition to status first date” was in the selected period for each issue.

NonZero(Count(
  --set of issues
  Filter(
    --iterate through individual issues
    DescendantsSet([Issue].CurrentMember,[Issue].[Issue]),
    --check if first ever status change to Customer Approval was in the selected period
    DateInPeriod(
      ([Measures].[Transition to status first date],
      [Transition Status].[Customer Approval]
      [Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember),
      [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember)
  )
)

Set measure formatting to Integer,.
For more details on calcauted measures and used functions described in the documentation, see the chapter on Set expressions: Calculated measures.

Check out also Community posts on similar use cases:

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com