Jira JQL in EazyBI Custom Measure as a Filter

Hi,
i have a pretty big and complicated Jira JQL, which i need to reproduce in EazyBI.
I want to create a custom Measure containing the Filter Function to do that. Im currently stuck at the part where i have this part of the JQL:
[…] AND labels in (“label 1”, “label 2”) AND labels != “label 3”
So basically it only counts the issue if it has either label 1 or label 2 or both AND it doesnt have label 3.

If the “labels in ()” part only consisted of one label it would be pretty easy, but i just cant seem to find out how i can do it with 2 or more labels. Is there any way to do it?

Further question: The JQL consists of many more of these kinds of parts. I tried to use “pages” for example to filter the status, but it didnt quite work. I drilled into the issues and there were a few issues who were in a different status. Is there a way to make this work or do have to include this Filter also into the jql and if so, how?

Thank you in advance

Hi @yyy

Welcome to eazyBI community!
It seems that you reached out to us directly with the same topic. I will paste the answer here below, incase other eazyBI users also have similar use case.

You could try creating a new calculated field (New calculated fields) with the setup I have shown in the screenshot below.

In Additional advanced settings you should add

csv_dimension = true

in Custom JavaScript code, you should add:

return issue.fields.labels

This will create a new dimension “Alternative Labels CSV” which allows you to filter issues that have one single label or multiple label combinations.
64e37a548c13ee32688dde4f65de42e4.png
Here is a community post about importing Label dimension as CSV dimension Aggregate # of issues with multiple labels (Label 1 AND Label 2) and provide the count of issues per each release - #2 by roberts.cacus

If this solution doesn’t work for you, then I suggest considering adding a JavaScript code in advanced settings. You can read about the solution in this community post - Story points by label, excluding/including other labels

Best wishes,

Elita from support@eazybi.com

1 Like