Linked issues hierarchy help

Hi,

I am trying to import linked issues and creating a hierarchy based on the mapping below

Requirements --> Story --> Test

Story “satisfies” Requirements and “is tested by” Test.

Would like a report that shows a list of requirements and # of stories that it “is satisfied by” and in turn see the # of tests associated.

Please advise. Thanks

Hi @pankajmehta,

There are two solutions to represent the relation between issues. The best option depends on the data.

1. You can build a custom Issue hierarchy if the child issue has only one parent.
    In your case,

• each Test is linked only to one Story (Story is a parent to a Test), but Story may have several Tests.
    • and each Story is linked only to one Requirement (Requirement is a parent to a Story), but Requirement may have several Stories.

There are more details and examples on how to define a new hierarchy in the Issue dimension:
    Additional Issue hierarchies.

1. You can import issue links as separate dimensions. This is a more robust solution and will also work for many-to-many relations between Test and Story (Test is linked to several Stories and Story is linked to several Tests).
    In this case, you might want to import 2 issue link dimensions from the Story perspective.

• “Linked Requirement” that would show a relation between Story and Requirement
    • “Linked Test” that would show a relation between Story and Test

There are more details and examples on how to import issue links as separate dimensions: Import issue links.

I believe this is a related / following topic:

Best,
Zane / support@eazyBI.com

Hi Zane,

Yes they are related, I lost the initial request and hence had to create a separate question with more information.

I have the following dimensions created as suggested by you

#Test cases linked to story - Story view
[jira.customfield_testCases]
name = “Test Cases”
inward_link = “is tested by” #direction from Story
issue_type = “Test”
dimension = true

#Requirement linked to Story - Story view
[jira.customfield_linkedRequirement]
name = “Linked Requirement”
outward_link = “satisfies” #direction from Story
issue_type = “Requirements”
dimension = true

How do i create the hierarchy with custom links defined above? Please note, Requirements and Test Cases are in a different project.

Please advise.

Thank you