Problem with aggregate of percentages

I try to setup a report that shows the Availability or Uptime of our supported service.
Therefore we already have a custom field called “Downtime” which shows the number of minutes the service was down according to a ticket (calculated).

Problem is, with that we can measure uptime loss per Ticket, but not aggregate the monthly uptime out of it in percentage. Or at least I can’t wrap my head around it.

I’m stuck for some weeks now, after trying out a lot. I would be really grateful for some help.

Best regards
Richard

Hi Richard,
You should import your custom field as measures (in eazyBI import options , section Custom fields select option Import as measure ). And perform data import.

After data import eazyBI will generate new measures for you, like Downtime created, Downtime resolved, Downtime due that you can use in your report.

In case your customfield is scripted field, then you can import this field with help of eazyBI advanced settings, see examples here: Jira calculated and scripted custom fields - eazyBI for Jira

best,
Gerda // support@eazyBI.com

Hi Gerda,

thanks for your answer. I already have imported all custom fields and can choose these options you mentioned. But I don’t see how this helps me to get a working formula that gives me the real outage of the service, as

1. the custom field “Downtime” just counts the minutes between the two dates and not how much “Service time” has passed between the dates.
  2. the calculation of the “Service Time” without having it in the field seems very much complicated.

I just can’t wrap my brain around a formula that expresses:
“Take the the dates we give you and count the minutes with regard of the week day and time of the dates against the SLA specified Service times (which are varying regarding priority of the ticket) and THEN compare it to the summed up minutes of the service time in that time frame.”

And of course afterwards it should be still able to be summed up as total numbers against a monthly, quarterly or yearly aggregate for reporting :sweat_smile:

Hi @RichardS ,
Maybe this answer I shared last year in the community could inspire you for how you could calculate your service availability:

Let me know which part of your requirements are still missing. The best would be to share some examples on what data is available in eazyBI and how the calculation should happen based on this information.

best,
Gerda