Rapport of open epic and open user story/task

Hello,

I would like to do a report with the open Epic and Open tickets of these Epics.
That means that the closed tasks/US will not be displayed in the repport.

Could you please help?
Many thanks in advance.
Trang

Hi Trang,

You can use the Issue dimension / Epic hierarchy to see issues grouped by Epics. By using the Open issues measure you would see only count of Open issues (while Issues created shows all issues within the Epic)

Additionally to the above, you can add any other properties to see more details about the Epics and their issues.
Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Thank you for your reply. I used the same demension that you mentioned. But i always see my epic Closed in the list. Is there a calculated member which hide the closed epic from the list of epic?

Many thanks.
Trang

Hi Trang,

By default nothing is hidden. It depends on measures you use and the report context/configuration. Could you send me more details over e-mail - what measures you use and what you filter by? Screenshots of the report and Epic highlighting the problem would also be helpful to understand the issue.

I am trying to do something similar. I want a report on issues in open Epics. I still want to see the resolved issues in those epics though.

I’m using Epic Link at the moment to group my issues.

Hi @Majken!

For this case you could use the Issue link field dimensions that are introduced starting eazyBI 4.5.4 version. Meaning, you could create an Epic Link Status dimension that would inherit the Epic status to all issues within the Epic. The settings would be as follows

[[jira.issue_link_field_dimensions]]
name = "Epic link status"
source_dimension = "Status"
issue_id_column = "epic_id"
group = "Linked issue dimensions"

See more details on how to set this up in the documentation https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/advanced-data-import-options/issue-link-field-dimensions.
After import, you would be able to use the Epic link status in any report in a similar way as Status, only it would group all measures based on the Issue Epic Status, instead of Issue status.

2 Likes

Thanks, this worked!

1 Like