Reflecting Name for standard Jira issue types imported with custom hierarchy

Hi Community,

I imported Jira issues with custom hierarchy ‘High-Level Feature’->‘Feature’->‘Epic’->‘Task’. It appears that the Name field can be reflected by default for Epics and Tasks only. It is configurable with the ‘Display name’ item in the right mouse click menu.

Hierarchy

How can I refect Key along with Name field in rows for remaining issue types High-Level Feature and Feature?

The ideal option would be to get ‘Display name’ menu available for all issue types in order to keep user experience unchanged. At the same time, all options are welcome :slight_smile:

Thanks for help :slight_smile:

Hi,

We have noticed a similar behavior when levels above epic are issues that are created in different project (which is not selected for import) or issues that are restricted in import using JQL filters.

Otherwise, there could be something wrong with the definition of your custom hierarchy in advanced settings.

Martins / eazyBI team

Hi @martins.vanags,

I performed spot check and it looks like custom hierarchy is OK, so import is successful, including Jira issues reflected at the screenshot in this topic. Reflected items were imported with correct hierarchy which matches traceability in Jira, so issue with restrictions appears to be not the case.

Import is done for a single project with a custom hierarchy based on the following settings:

#Jira custom field for importing parent high-level feature key for features
[jira.customfield_feature_hlf]
name = “High-Level Feature”
inward_link = “Is part of”
issue_type = “High-Level Feature”
update_from_issue_key = “customfield_epic_feature”

#Jira custom field for importing parent feature key for epics
[jira.customfield_epic_feature]
name = “Feature”
inward_link = “Is part of”
issue_type = “Feature”
update_from_issue_key = “epic_key”

#custom hierarchy definition
[[jira.issue_hierarchies]]
name = “High-Level Feature”
all_member_name = “All Issues”
levels = [
{name=“High-Level Feature”,key_column=“customfield_feature_hlf”},
{name=“Feature”,key_column=“customfield_epic_feature”},
{name=“Epic”,key_column=“epic_key”},
{name=“Task”,key_column=“epic_parent_key”},
{name=“Sub-task”,key_column=“subtask_key”}
]

It would be great if you can double-check and recommend corrections or additions for getting remaining issue names.

Thanks a lot, Denys

Hi,

The last part of your code where you defined levels of hierarchy is missing the issue type information. Then eazyBI can’t correctly find these issues in your new custom hierarchy.
Please add issue type in hierarchy level definitions as well for both levels above epic

See example in attached image below:
After you update eazyBI advanced settings, please run import data manually to recreate the hierarchy in “Issue” dimension.

Martins / eazyBI team.

Hi @martins.vanags,

I appreciate your quick reply. It allowed me to resolve the issue with names.
There is another issue that I addressed in the separate topic.

Thanks a lot, Denys