Sum of all "Time to resolution breached" unresolved tickets per day

Hi,

I would like to include in the report a sum of all “Time to resolution breached” tickets which are still in unresolved status (for which status is not closed or resolved). At the moment I can only see the number of tickets breached SLA for the specific day but I can not see how many breached unresolved tickets in total do we have on this day:

1 Like

Hi Izabella

In Jira, information about the time when SLA is breached is not stored. There is a planned breach date (imported as a property Issue Time to resolutions Due date), but it is available only for uncompleted cycles. As soon as the cycle is completed, this date is not stored anymore, thus, is not available for data import into eazyBI.
Measure Time to resolution - Breached (likewise Time to resolution - Met) is always related to the SLA completion date, not breached date. Usually, for Time to resolution SLA, the SLA completion date is the same as the resolution date.

So, using available SLA dates, I can not imagine how the report could be created, unfortunately.

As a workaround, you may want to pursue other ways how to detect issues that were not resolved in time, for instance, calculating their age at the end of each day, and then counting issues exceeding a particular age.

As a base, you may want to check the Avareg age til resolution report, it calculates the average age of resolved issues at the end of each day: https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/cubes/Issues/reports/50084-average-age-till-resolution-report

You may modify the calculation Average age of open issues used there to get the count of unresolved issues that exceeds a particular age (in my example, 3 days):

CASE WHEN [Measures].[Open issues] > 0 THEN
  NonZero(
  Count(
Filter(Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember, [Issue].[Issue]),
  -- filter open issues in period using issue properties Created date and Resolution date only
  DateBeforePeriodEnd(
    [Issue].CurrentMember.get('Created at'),
    [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember) AND
  NOT DateBeforePeriodEnd(
    [Issue].CurrentMember.get('Resolved at'),
    [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember)
AND 
(CASE WHEN
([Measures].[Issues created],
[Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember) > 0
THEN
-- cumulative age of each issue for any period till end of period or till today
  CASE WHEN DateInPeriod(Now(), [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember)
  THEN DateDiffDays([Issue].CurrentMember.get('Created at'),
    Now())
  ELSE DateDiffDays([Issue].CurrentMember.get('Created at'),
    [Time].CurrentHierarchyMember.NextStartDate)
  END
END) > 3
  )))
END

Best,
Ilze // support@eazybi.com