Time domain appears to occasionally lose numerical SLA breach status

Good day,

I have a number of Jira Service Management issues with some SLAs configured. I am trying to set up a report based on respective SLA breach statuses.

Apparently, there are multiple fields for each SLA available. Specifically, I work with an SLA termed “Time to first response”.

• Under Measures > Issue properties, there is a measure “Issue Time to first response Breached”, which contains a string value “Breached” or “Not breached”, respectively.
  • Further, there is another measure under Measures > Service Management - Time to first response, “Time to first response - Breached”, which expresses a “1” if that is the case and is empty otherwise.

Now I have discovered, that if the time dimension is set to “All times”, everything is as expected. However, when I restrict the time dimension e.g. to the current year, the value of the numerical value “Time to first response - Breached” is not always “1”, although the verbal measure says “Breached”.

I am confused. Is there an explanation for this or is this a bug?

Thanks, Reinhard

PS: Meanwhile, I added a screenshot illustrating the problem. The additional measure “TT first response breached” is a custom measure translating “Breached” to “1” and serves me as a workaround.

Hi @reinhard.mayr,

While the issue properties are absolute, the measures relate to the context of the report.
​I presume that you have applied some time dimension filter on the report, and you are displaying a period that has already ended.

The issues towards the end of the list were created within that period but breached the SLA after the selected period.

​Therefore, their absolute property is still Breached, but there were no breached SLA cycles within the filtered period for the selected issues.

​This is the intended functionality. You might read more about measures and properties here - Main concepts.

​When you need just the absolute category - you can reach for the issue property.
​When you need to consider the context - you can reach for measures and their relation to the context.

​Regards,
​Oskars / support@eazyBI.com