Value of custom field was

Hello,

Question propably is trivial but I’m stuck. I adding customfield in eazyBI setting like this:
[jira.customfield_11222]
data_type = “string”
dimension = true
separate_table = true
changes = true

It’s group picker custom field called “group”. I would like to get a graph with history of value of this group. It’s means to show aggregate value If issue ever had a value1 and value2 or only value1 etc.

What I have to add in Measures. Now I have smth like this but it’s doesn’t work properly.

[Measures].[Issues history],
[Transition Field].[group],
[Grupa wsparcia].[value1]

Best from Poland
Robert

1 Like

To be more specific I would like to know which issues was only in one group and which have had two or more group

Hi, Robert

Let me assure that the collection of the group picker field history is not quite trivial :slight_smile:

The challenge is that eazyBI can support only the value change import for single-value fields. The group picker fields in Jira issue history are recorded as if they were the multiple value field even if you have the single selection group picker:

A couple of steps are needed to record the history correctly.

1. Add the configuration parameter explicitly telling that this field is not multiple value field:
[jira.customfield_11222]
multiple_values=false
separate_table=true
changes=true

The import of history now will work. Still, you will see that additional members will be created in the dimension with the brackets (those members are generated from the history records, as those records look like arrays):

1. Now, we need to preprocess the history records with the custom Javascript code to eliminate the brackets:
issue.changelog.histories.forEach(function(history){
    history.items.forEach(function(historyItem){
      if (historyItem.field == "Group Assignee") {
        fs=historyItem.fromString;
        if (fs) {
          historyItem.fromString=fs.substr(1,fs.length-2);
        }
        ft=historyItem.toString;
        if (ft) {
          historyItem.toString=ft.substr(1,ft.length-2);
        }
      }
    });
});

Use the correct name (not ID) of the custom field in the code. The code is needed in the additional options of the data source:

Now, after a clean data import (with empty cube option), the result should be fine:

Kindly,
Janis, eazyBI support

1 Like

Hello,

Sorry for late answer and thank you for reply.
I’ve done all thing which you said and I try to get this report but still I have a problems.
What I prepare in measure is:

([Measures].[Transitions to],
[Transition Field].[Grupa],
[Grupa].[xxx]
)

And it’s doeasn’t work :frowning:

With regards
Robert

Hello again,

Probably everything work fine right now. Problem was in the part of code. I will confirm it tomorrow.

Best !
Robert

Hello,

Its works!

THX
Best
Robert

1 Like

Hi @janis.plume,

I am facing the same problem… I followed the instructions in this post but I am still not receiving the historical changes of a custom field.

Can you help me?

I add this setting to import the custom field changes like you said:

[jira.customfield_10066]
multiple_values=false
separate_table=true
changes=true

After that I went to check the custom field import values and re-imported everything again.

In the reports I cannot see the new values with the brakes that you mention.

I’m missing something? If you need more information just tell me.

Thanks!
Pablo

Hi Pablo,

Please send a request to eazyBI support with additional details on how you used the imported value changes in your report. We will look at it and provide further guidance.

Kindly,
Janis, eazyBI support