Duplication of service portal users (customers) and users with Jira licenses

Hello,
I am trying to be able to map service management users but I ran into a problem.
In the service portal anyone who has access to the link can create a ticket. On the other hand, people who are logged in to Jira Software or Service Management can also create such tickets.
Later it may happen that someone who has tickets and is not a Jira user needs an account and this will mean that at some point I will have duplicate accounts
For example:

• Marcelo.cid@gmail.com created a ticket in April
  • in May gave access to Jira Servicemanagement (consumes a license)
    -the user logs in and now his name is Marcelo Cid
  • In June the user creates a ticket in the service portal

So this becomes that I will have two tickets created by Marcelo Cid (one in April and another in June) but these will be “different users” since one does have an account in Jira and the other does not.

This produces that when I want to complete the information with a drive database (excel) I only take a Marcelo Cid user (always the one with a Jira account)

Therefore, when I have the report of Marcelo Cid’s tickets, it will throw me 1 (which was created in June) and the other ticket (which was created in May) will not be associated.

The basic solution I found (and it doesn’t work for me) is to reassign the old tickets to your new account, but due to workflow permissions and the number of users I have with this problem, it’s not a feasible solution.

I hope you understand the requirement and I appreciate your help, thank you.

Hi @Marcelo_Ignacio_Cid1,

In this case, the solution could be a new hierarchy in the “Reporter” dimension to group similar users.

1. You can import additional data on the Reporter from the spreadsheet or some other data source.
    The file should contain reporter user names as you see them in eazyBI and another column representing the person name that would match the same person but different users.

2. In the data mapping screen, choose a column with a user name as you see it ine azyBI and map it to the “Reporter” dimension, User level. The second column with the person name map to the Reporter dimension, User level, and provide a property name to import it as Reporter property.
    Here are more details on additional data import: Additional data import into Jira Issues cube

3. When data are imported, you can create a custom hierarchy in the Reporter dimension that would group users by a person’s name.
    Here are details on how to create a custom hierarchy: Custom hierarchies

4. In the reports, you can use the new hierarchy from the Reporter dimension to group data by role or another property.

The solution is similar to the use case “Issues reported by country” shown in the training video “Power Up Reports With Additional Data Import”.

Here is another Community post on a similar topic how to import additional data on user dimension and create a custom hierarchy on top of that: