How to filter Portfolio hierarchy splitting by custom filed values

Hi,

The best way to achieve your requirement is to implement a new custom dimension using the advanced settings and Javascript code. The idea is that you can tell with the advanced settings to inherit down the value of the custom field from the higher level of the Portfolio hierarchy to the children issues.

You can add to the advanced settings the lines like this:

[jira.customfield_my_cf_inherited]
name = "My custom field inherited from Initiative"
data_type="string"
dimension=true
javascript_code='''
if (issue.fields.customfield_NNNNN) {
   issue.fields.customfield_my_cf_inherited=issue.fields.customfield_NNNNN.value;
}
'''
update_from_issue_key="jpoh_parent_5"

Once you save those settings you should see a new custom field available for selection in data import options. After you import this field as a dimension, it will show all the children issues under the parent’s value of custom field.
Note the following about the settings:
-) NNNNN is the ID of the custom field you wish to inherit down.
-) The exact Javascript code might depend on the data type of the custom field. My example is created for the Single select custom field.
-) The setting update_frome_issue_key refers to the 5th level of the hierarchy, which in your case is the top level “Inititative”. The numbering of levels starts from zero which is for the subtasks.
-) There is a simpler solution if you wish to inherit down the standard fields. Please, check the documentation here: https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/advanced-data-import-options/issue-link-field-dimensions

Kindly,
Janis, eazyBI support